Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Electric Mountain Bike Is The Shengmilo MX02S!
- 【SAFETY DESIGN FOR RIDING COMFORTABLY】 The Aluminum Alloy frame is light and strong, and the safe load of this ebike is up to 180kg. Hydraulic disc brakes make your riding trip safety, 26 x 4.0 inch fat tires can strengthen friction of the road surface, making driving more stable to suit all road conditions such as snow, road, beach and MTB mountain.The strong high strength Aluminum alloylsuspension fork and 21 Speeds Shift System can give you a comfortable and safety ride.
- 【1000W*48V*17Ah】48V*1000W brushless motor, strong power will add fun to your journey. The MAX-speed of the motor is about 40km/h and the gradeability can reach 35° in common road condition. The motor has a speed limit function (20km/h to 35km/h optional).48V*17Ah Li battery,supports about 1000 times recharge cycle.Battery full charge takes 6-8 hours.
- 【3 WORKING MODES】 ❶Pedal Assist Mode：The Motor Will Assist You with a Moderate Amount of Power as You Pedal the Bicycle.In this mode you can drive 60-90km before you recharge. ❷Fully Electric Mode：Twist the Throttle in Any Increments of Power You Desire to Power the Motor of the Bicycle.In his mode,it has 40-50km battery range.❸Manual Mode:Pedal the Bicycle Normally as You Would Any Bicycle.
- 【Fat Tire】 MX02S Is Equipped With 26 Inches 4.0 Fat Tire, Which Can Adapt To Snow, city road，Beach And Mountain Rides. The Bike Frame Is Made Of Aluminum Alloy 6601 , Recommended Driver Height: 165 Cm - 200CM, Maximum Weight Support: 180 Kg.
- 【OTHER INFORMATION】It is 95% pre-assembled when you receive it, and great performance with strong spokes. The frame and motor warranty is one year, the battery warranty is 6 months. For more questions, please contact us when you feel free.
Best Electric Mountain Bike
Mountain electric bikes perform pretty similar to other e-bike models, they just differ in their frame which tends to have wider handlebars, they also come with a more powerful motor and stronger tyres for going off trail.
[aawp fields=”B08862385Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”4″]
Electric bicycles can give you that extra boost when you’re on difficult terrains, followed with a double suspension that ensures comfort on even the bumpiest of trails.
However, as I’m sure you know, there are many different best electric mountain bikes on the market; with full suspension, hard tail or downhill bikes to choose from such as the specialized turbo Kenevo model.
It can all be a little overwhelming, so we have put together a list of the best electric mountain bikes below and compared them, so we can help you make a decision.
Our Top Model! – The Shengmilo MX02S Electric Bicycle
[aawp fields=”B08BCTK66Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”1″]
This Shengmilo best bike electric wise comes with a 1000 watt motor and a 48V battery which give speeds of up to 40 km per hour and a range of 50 km distance. It can also be charged within 6-8 hours and has a speed limit option for the motor.
Its durable aluminium frame is combined with high suspension front fork, hydraulic disc brakes, a Shimano 21 speed transmission system and a 35 degree gradability, allowing it to tackle steep hills and harsh terrains smoothly. Assistance wise its offers three modes to choose from and has a twist throttle function for best electric performance.
The fat tyres on this best electric mountain bike measure at 4 inches wide with a 26 inch height allowing you ride in all weather conditions such as snow.
[aawp fields=”B08BCTK66Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”2″]
A powerful mountain bicycle which can tackle any kind of steep terrain with ease, its features make it a reliable model to take mountain biking in all kinds of conditions and can compete with specialized turbo bicycles easily. However this bicycle electric wise is above the UK motor allowance, its also very expensive but worth it if you want to invest in a high-powered mountain bike.
- Great range and high power with 35 degree gradability allowing you to handle steep terrains with confidence.
- Durable and comfortable features give you balance so you can ride this bicycle smoothly.
- Fat tyres can tackle any kind of trail.
[aawp fields=”B08BCTK66Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”3″]
- Battery takes a while to charge and is very expensive in comparison with other electric mountain bikes.
- Motor power is above UK legal limits.
Eggshell Home Electrical Bike – Number Two
[aawp fields=”B093CCNJBB” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”1″]
If you are looking for an affordable mountain bicycle that can offer a larger range then consider this Eggshell branded bike. Power wise it comes with a 350 watt motor and a 36V battery which can come as 8-13 Ah depending on how much range you want. A 13Ah battery can give a 90 km range when riding and can be charged within just 4 hours.
Its ergonomic design boasts some durable features such as its adjustable seat and anti-wear 26 inch tyres. Assistance wise it comes with three working modes and can reach speeds of up to 35 km per hour at a 30 degree gradability, meaning it can tackle steep hills with no issues.
Notable features of this best model are its dual disc brakes and 35 speed Shimano transmission system, it also has a cushioning front suspension fork and rear shock absorbers for extra comfort on bumpy trails.
[aawp fields=”B093CCNJBB” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”2″]
Without a doubt one of the best mountain bikes on our list due to its power and range, its 35 speed transmission system offers so much control and 30 degree gradability allows you to ride with confidence. Downfalls are its lack of ratings, but other than that it is an all round solid mountain bike.
- High powered motor and great battery range with quick charging time.
- Suspension and rear shock absorbers allows for extra comfort on harder trails.
- 30 degree gradability allows you to tackle hills, along with its 35 speed transmission system offering more control than other bikes on our list.
- Very affordable and high value for money considering the features it comes with.
[aawp fields=”B093CCNJBB” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”3″]
- Lack of ratings.
“You should make sure your best mountain biking model has double suspension as you will need the extra comfort if you are planning to take you bike on some off-road trails”
ANCHEER Electric Mountain Bike – Number Three
[aawp fields=”B07VD5PZKB” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”1″]
Ancheer are well-known for producing some high quality off-road bicycles and city bikes in the e-bike industry. This model in particular boasts a 250 watt motor combined with a 36V battery that can give a range of 50 km and reach speeds of 25 km per hour.
The design of this e bike offers comfort when riding harsher terrains due to its dual suspension, shock absorbing front fork, and foldable lightweight frame. Assistance wise it also offers three working modes with the ability to add speed with its throttle.
This best electric mountain bicycle also offers dual disc brakes, a 26 inch wheel size and a 21 speed Shimano transmission system. There is a headlamp and horn included on this bicycle too.
[aawp fields=”B07VD5PZKB” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”2″]
A very affordable and reliable Ancheer mountain bike, has a UK legal motor and can cope with harsh terrains well due to its rear shock absorbers and suspension, however this mountain bikes model does lack the torque for tackling large hills and complicated terrains.
- Very affordable e-bicycle with UK legal motor and good range.
- Has durable suspension and shock absorbers for a more comfortable ride.
- Three modes of assistance.
- Uses high quality Shimano Steps transmission.
- Foldable frame which is useful for storing.
[aawp fields=”B07VD5PZKB” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”3″]
- May lack torque power in comparison with other e-bicycle models.
- Could struggle with steep gradients.
“If you are looking to do downhill mountain biking then you should consider a high quality electric bicycle such as the specialized Turbo Kenevo model, this can allow you to tackle downhill terrains easily due to its specialized turbo Kenevo geometry and steeper seat tube angle.”
Hitway 26 inch Wheel E-bike – Number Four
[aawp fields=”B095RLVSZJ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”1″]
The Hitway model has a similar set up to the Ancheer bike and is sold at a very reasonable price. Its powered by a 250 watt motor and a 36V battery which can give range of 40 km. The battery is also removable and the frame can be folded for easy storage.
Its high front suspension fork combined with its durable structure make it ideal for using on difficult terrains, it also comes with dual disc brakes, a Shimano 7 gear transmission system and a 26 inch wheel size.
Assistance of this motor comes in three different modes with added support from its throttle. It comes with a shifting lever and rear derailleur for easy use.
[aawp fields=”B095RLVSZJ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”2″]
Very good value for money and similar to the Ancheer model in terms of its features. Its design and frame make it suitable for using off-road but this model does only come with a 7 speed transmission system in comparison to Ancheer’s model that comes with a 21 speed transmission system for a similar price.
- Good range and power from motor/battery.
- Folding ability for storage.
- Has good suspension and large wheels that give extra comfort on bumpy roads.
- Very affordable.
[aawp fields=”B095RLVSZJ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”3″]
- Small amount of gears in comparison to other bikes.
- Lower quality design and rating.
- May struggle on hilly areas.
BIKFUN Electric Bicycle Mountain – Number Five
[aawp fields=”B0832TP2MC” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”1″]
The Bikfun best mountain bike is ran via a 250 watt motor combined with a 36V battery and can give a range of up to 50 km with speeds of up to 25 km per hour. The battery can be charged in just 4-6 hours and is removable.
Design wise it has a durable foldable frame with adjustable handlebars and seat, along with a carbon steel front fork, dual disc brakes and a Shimano steps 7 gear transmission system. This frame also has a double front and rear suspension with a wheel size of 20 inches.
The bike’s assistance comes in three different modes to choose from when trail riding.
[aawp fields=”B0832TP2MC” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”2″]
A highly rated and affordable mountain bike making it one of the best on our list, has a great range with good features to enhance your trail riding and give ultimate comfort on bumpy terrains. Downfalls are its small wheel size and lack of power which means it may not be able to handle gradients very well.
- UK legal motor with good battery range and quick charging time.
- Well rated from customers and has rear suspension for better comfort.
- Has three different assistance modes to choose from.
- Affordable and good value for money when compared to other electric mountain bikes.
[aawp fields=”B0832TP2MC” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”3″]
- Small wheel size.
- Lack of power and quality, may not handle complicated trails as well as other bikes on our list.
Oppikle 26” Electric Mountain Bike – Number Six
[aawp fields=”B08862385Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”1″]
This folding Oppikle best electric bike is powered via 250 watt UK legal motor and 36V battery that can give a range of up to 30 miles with a 15mph speed. Its battery is also removable which is useful if you want to get a spare.
It’s also comes with dual disc brakes, alloy double walled rims with a 26 inch wheel size and a 21 speed shifter system. Three modes are included with this model for assistance, with the addition to add speed from its throttle.
This Oppikle best electric bicycle also comes with a horn and LED lamp for night riding, it also boasts an adjustable ergonomic design for extra comfort on trails.
[aawp fields=”B08862385Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”2″]
As a best mountain bike this model performs well with its features and ergonomic design, its also very affordable and within the UK motor allowance, on the other hand it lacks power and range, meaning it wouldn’t be good for complicated long distance biking.
- UK legal motor with decent features that allows you to have comfort on bumpier terrains.
- Three different assistance modes and a 21 speed shifter for better control.
- Very affordable and good value for money, would be good to use for short medium difficulty adventures.
[aawp fields=”B08862385Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”3″]
- May not cope well with steep gradients compared to a specialized turbo model.
- Lacks range.
- More suited to road terrain and short easy adventures.
“Did you know that electric mountain biking can give you a serious workout for your upper body? Tackling complicated and uneven terrains build up upper arm muscle easily.”
The Final Judgement – Which Is The Best Electric Mountain Bike?
[aawp fields=”B08BCTK66Z” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image=”4″]
To reach a conclusion, the best mountain bicycle on our list is the Shengmilo MX02S model, due to its high powered long range battery and durable fat tyres, allowing you take this bike out on the most diffciult trails with ultimate confidence. A runner-up more affordable alternative is the Eggshell home e-bike which offers less power but a great range for its price.
Last on our list is the folding Opikkle e-bike due to its low range and lack of features which makes it less suitable for mountain biking than other electric mountain bikes on our list.